British nukes were protected by bike locks

Marmite!!

To arm the weapons you just open a panel held by two captive screws - like a battery cover on a radio - using a thumbnail or a coin.

Inside are the arming switch and a series of dials which you can turn with an Allen key to select high yield or low yield, air burst or groundburst and other parameters.

The Bomb is actually armed by inserting a bicycle lock key into the arming switch and turning it through 90 degrees. There is no code which needs to be entered or dual key system to prevent a rogue individual from arming the Bomb.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/newsnight/7097101.stm :shake:

width=203 height=152http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/44242000/jpg/_44242148_key_203.jpg[/img]

Video..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/player/nol/newsid_7090000/newsid_7097200/7097232.stm?bw=bb&mp=rm&news=1

Thats kind of ironic, as due to the trouble we have had with the neigbours, i protect my daughters bicycles from theft with a nuke.

Saying that, i have not seen the neigbours for three weeks now. I imagine that they have either been arrested, taken into care or just fled without paying the rent. Oh Happy Happy Day!

Tim (too)

Thats kind of ironic, as due to the trouble we have had with the neigbours, i protect my daughters bicycles from theft with a nuke.

Saying that, i have not seen the neigbours for three weeks now. I imagine that they have either been arrested, taken into care or just fled without paying the rent. Oh Happy Happy Day!

Tim (too)

You haven't had police digging up the back garden have you?

Reminds me of an old man writing to his Republican son in Long Kesh.

Dear Michael,

I am an old man and I have the potatoes to plant, but with you having been thrown in gaol for being in the 'RA, now I have nobody to turn over the soil so I can plant them. What am I to do?

Your ever loving father

Son receives the letter and writes in reply,

Dear Father,

On no account let anybody dig in the back garden. That's where I buried the guns.

Michael

Before the father even receives the letter from his son, the RUC are banging on the door and they dig his entire garden in search of the arms cache. Father writes back to son,

Dear Michael,

Whyever did you write that nonsense in your last mail? You knew there were no guns buried in the garden, and you knew the pigs would read your letter and turn up. What am I supposed to do now?

To which his son replies,

Dear Father,

Plant the potatoes.