Vehicle light switch

Mark Ellis

Hi all,

Wondered if anyone has ever seen a light switch like this. It's fitted to a Swedish Stalwart. Swedish Coastal Artillery appear to have redone the dash board when they did other works around 1974. 
The main Swedish forum I rely on appears to have gone off the internet.

Thanks

Light switch 1.jpg

Light switch 3.jpg

2 hours ago, wally dugan said:

the symbols look like full and dip so could be as simple as  PUSH DIP SWITCH

Could be. But the floor switch is still installed. And I don't think the Swedish would leave that if they had a new one. I think it's the vehicle lights, as in side and head. 
I just thought that maybe it's been used in Volvo army trucks or some other Swedish thing, and one of the members might recognise it.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Citroman said:

In sweden they have day driving lights, maybe this was installed later to upgrade the truck to the new laws?

In 1974 the Swedish carried out a number of modifications to their Stalwarts. The Mk1 had hydraulic winches mounted on the front. The Mk 1 and 2 had FOCO cranes fitted. The cab roof spotlight was removed, and various things were welded on, etc.

The Mark 2 dashboard had the hour timer removed, oil temperature gauges added for engine, gearbox and transfer box, and  the lighting switches changed.

The original dash

1Mk2dashBritish.thumb.jpg.0ac17644713a6a9fdd83d86a6dc09238.jpg

The revised dash of 1974

Mk2Arsenalen1.jpg.508704f05aeef3917ba12dc6fc3476aa.jpg

Edited by Mark Ellis