Thornycroft FB4 engine for the A1, A2 and A3 trucks

Royal42

I have just come across this link about the Thornycroft A1, as I am trying to find information, plans and images of the FB4 engine.  Can anyone here please help, or advise me of likely online sources?  I don't have the funds to go buying the rare and expensive books; therefore, I am hoping fellow members may have so details available please.

cheers,
Mike

Edited by Royal42

• Royal42 changed the title to Thornycroft FB4 engine for the A1, A2 and A3 trucks

Hello Mammoth,

the intention would be to scratchbuild the engine, and the vehicle in 1:35 scale or larger; therefore, if you could help with any plans, images and dimensions then that would be appreciated very much indeed.

cheers,

Mike

Edited by Royal42

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Rosso,

thank you for your kind offer of help, I do appreciate it.  I am a modeller that likes to build small scale vehicles and, as such, I am looking for dimensions and images of the external components of theFB4 engine.  I work to 1:35 scale, which would be much too small to produce any internal parts;  although I would like to attempt that one day.   If you could help with any plans or diagrams with dimensions of the engine block, gearbox, and any covers and sumps etc., then that would be great.

Would it be better to send them to my email addy?  mike (dot) costello (at) btinternet

All the best,

Mike