WW2 British Lightweight 100 gallon Water bowser trailer

Rob Abbott

All

Looking for any leads on parts for the above British trailer. I now have a chassis but the most pressing issue is to find an actual bowser for it. Additionally I'm looking for any/all of the ancillary parts - pumps, filters, taps, brasswork, hoses, etc, etc .......

Any help/advice/leads and parts for sale appreciated as always. 

Rob

Hi Rob,

I don't know if it's of use to you, but there is one sitting by a garage in south central France, where it's been for some years.

image.png.c8ac6ae819b4c413b2e382421e6a5c70.png

image.png.4a76fe3aa3040364509556298951037a.png

It was there in September 2022 when I last passed through the area.

I have no idea if it's for sale.

Let me know if you'd like further details.

Best Regards,

Adrian

• Like 1

Hi Rob, 

I assume your bowser chassis came off ebay? 

The 100 gallon trailer is rare, associated parts that are super rare ....

If the chassis is the one i think you have the upright frames have been shortened. These will need to be refabricated 

The tank is a difficult part to locate, as most will have rotted out, I was lucky as another member on this forum located two  Still 10 years hunting and securing one. You could make one.... but it would be a big  job. 

Pipe fittings are 7/8BSP, which are now a non standard size. very hard to find. I had to make some to finish my bowser off. 

Pumps and filters, very rare, do turn up, very expensive when they do.

I have two 100 Gallon trailers, I would consider selling one if you wanted something just ready to go, I also have a spare pump and filter, and some hose. 

I have the restoration of the 100 gallon listed on the trailer section of this forum. will give you an idea of what your taking on. 

Thanks both for your responses

Yes it was an eBay purchase with the intention of it being a longer term restoration. 

I went into it knowing that the parts would be difficult to source so anyway of short circuiting things would be a definite consideration - either purchasing a more viable project (The one in France) or purchasing something already restored. 

If you could both let me have further details that would be really appreciated - We can then take it From there.

Thanks again

Rob