Bofors gun Help for an event

BC312

The Hogmoor Enclosure at a Bordon Hampshire that was once part of REME, its still owned by the MOD as crown land and is now run and looked after by the Land Trust. A while back I discovered a Bofors Gun site and Radar trailer 50 yards away on the Enclosure. Both gun site and Radar trailer are now both listed as part of English Heritage. This year the Land Trust is holding a celebration of Military history in September on the 24th Sunday. The Trust if they can would like to have a Bofors gun there for the day from 10-4 for display. I was wondering if anyone on the forum who has a Bofors gun would like to show off their pride and joy for the event. If anyone would like to help out just message me and get something organised.

• Like 2

Sorry I am only up the road but sadly very busy with the convoy on the 24th and unlikely to be able to help.  I have an FH77 which is the 155mm Bofors gun...is there any possibility of dropping it off the day before and collecting it the day after then it might work..but cannot guarantee...

Hi Paulob1, Thanks for replying. we were trying to get a 40mm bofors at the site to promote the gun site  which was discovered a couple of years ago. The show its self is new and will get bigger if successful this year. I was thinking if you wanted to promote you museum you could advertise some of your exhibits there as this show also caters for post war displays and i am sure anything you bring the 155mm gun or a vehicle would be very much appreciated and would help your museum. I can pass on the trust's details to you if you decide. If you do know someone with a 40mm Bofors who can help they would like to know.

Anyone else who would like to show off their pride and joy other than a 40 mm Bofors in the area let us know. It would also be nice to see a tank Amoured car etc there maybe a Centurion or Chieftain as it was their old training area. 

Regards Chris

Edited by BC312

• 1 month later...

OK, i know these are a beast. Is there anything else you could take like a tank or other type vehicle. Don't worry if you cant. May be next year if the show is successful. The slot is there if you want. I thought it would be good to inform more punters to your museum up the road. They had a small non military history even a month or so ago and it was packed and very popular, so the military event so be a bit of a hit.

• 1 month later...