are these wheel covers?

partsgone

I'm re-creating a Ford pilot car and i am trying to if the 13" wheels on them. I now believe they are a wheel cover which accepts a hub cab by a center screw. I see these on early Humber Super Snipe's but also on cars as early as the 30's. Note the cross piece in the center. Thanks

Ford-15cwt-LRDG-Te-Rangi-p1 (1) LARGE.jpg

02.jpg

s-l1600 (55).jpg

ebay923184.jpg

GJKS1.jpg

What you see in the picture is the complete wheel rim  without the hub cap fitted you undo the wheel nuts by  working round the center bar through the hole  the bar is part of the wheel rim    the hub cap is attached by a screw fitting fixed to the center of the hub cap  in the center of the bar is threaded to hold it in place the picture you show is made   for the fitting of hub caps

yes, for sure. been down the 13" tire route.  I  have to answer the question i have weather i get correct wheels or not. Somehow, someone fitted those pre war style wheels, with the cross strap for hub caps, in 13" on a 1940 ford pickup with a 5x 5.5 stud pattern. The wheels must have existed or purhaps  made up in the field. There were 13" desert wheels used before ww2 i suspect. Badnold has them on his pre war Ford i believe.  What weels are in this photo of a 1940 ford pickup. So far i have not found a answer fit. Thanks for everyone help. I am gratefull for the responses.

Ford-15cwt-LRDG-Te-Rangi-p1 (1).jpg

Edited by partsgone