Statement of Compliance

Ian J

Hi folks,

I am trying to get my Wolf 90 through compliance for use on the road here in New Zealand.  The "authorities here are asking for a "Statement of Compliance" which is a document detailing what standards/specifications the vehicle is built to.   The Jaguar Land Rover people here in NZ tell me that the cannot get these for Military Vehicles, but can for civilian versions.

Is this somthing folks in the UK or other countries have faced/dealt with in the past and how have you circumvented the issue?

HELP????

Ian

Hello Ian,

You would need a Statement of Compliance for NZ prior to rego,  and JLR may not be able to issue one for non type approved vehicle, ie one built for a military customer. Vehicle age and specification is also important. In my day job I have had prior experience with Australian and NZ vehicle certification and Statements of Compliance, so I maybe able to assist. If you wish you could contact me via our website Automotive Certification Limited.

Ian after a previous failed search I have found it within 5 mins! It is 16 pages in all which presents problems. A proper scan is required I think rather than photos. My stupid HP scanner that is plugged into the PC will not communicate with it unless I sign into the Smart Suite via the internet which is utterly ridiculous.

I have no broadband here & rely on a weak phone signal from an antenna on the roof. Currently it is taking up to 2 mins to open a simple page or it gives up & when I try to test my speed it just times out!

The last week has been particularly bad, I assume it is clogged up by people playing games, tik-tok, sending selfies, social media, watching videos etc

It goes through phases so at some stage it should pick up, but then the sending of pages will be tiresome. I assume you best have the whole document rather than key pages.

The good news is that it is in the form of an AESP 2320-D-128-111 so it may be available on line. I think I have scanned it for someone having similar problems, I need t o see if I have archived the scan which will save the stupid & naively conceived HP Smart Suite.

I did a search but cannot find this AESP from an FOI request, but there is a scan online, unfortunately my browser flags it up as a dangerous site. But as often happens documents I have scanned for people are pedalled around the internet. I have even found not just documents but articles I have written offered for sale with my copyright  marking removed & replaced.

Do a search & see if you can find that AESP in the meantime I will see if I have archived the scan, although I will need a window when my dreary upload speed increases!

• 4 months later...

Well folks,

We finally managed to get a Statement of Compliance for our Wolf 90 through TUV SUD in Germany, via a local agency so we are now fully road legal.  The WOlf is AWESOME!  Here it is amongst friends 🙂

Wolf German Hill 3.jpg

Wolf Wange 3.jpg

• Like 3