Wanted Clansman cable

It has been suggested i get a speaker for the kit including a 351 and 320 to listen to chatter on shows.

I have the bought the speaker as below, sold as a clansman speaker, looking for the right cable.

Also i assume the cable would fit in where the head piece would be

Thanks in advance

IMG20220716131625.jpg

IMG20220716131615.jpg

I think that you need the box described as "Amplifier Loudspeaker".  It has a volume control on it, I think. You could get the  leads from a scrap AFV fitted for clansman.   Alternatively you might be able to get new plugs if you had an NSN.

John

• Like 1

4 hours ago, attleej said:

I think that you need the box described as "Amplifier Loudspeaker".  It has a volume control on it, I think. You could get the  leads from a scrap AFV fitted for clansman.   Alternatively you might be able to get new plugs if you had an NSN.

John

Many thanks, will start hunting for the cable, I am in Scunthorpe next week near LR Supplies and will see if he has anything

5 minutes ago, andym said:

It probably depends on how loud you need it to be.  Try it direct on the radio, if that's not loud enough then put an amplifier in the middle.

Andy

Thanks I think just background to give the impression, its a work in progress at the moment

Hi, yes you will need a Clansman ‘Amplifier AF Loudspeaker’ (I use one of these on a Larkspur (R210 receiver) set).

As well as the 12 pin harness connections it also has the 7 pin ‘audio’ connector input socket, selectable on the front panel ‘EXT’ position, which you ought then to be able to plug straight in to the audio socket on the 351. A 24V supply will of course be required.

Brian

P.S. I see that LRseries have a new one listed…

https://www.lrseries.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=41770&search=Clansman+af+amplifier

• Like 1