Clansman 12 point cables needed asap. HELP!

TerryBLD

Terry,

Suitable 12 core cable is available from RS components.  You might be able to buy new plugs but at a price.  I get mine from scrap equipment.

You can then make up cables the correct length provided you have some plugs.  Make a very careful note of the pin number or rather letter and the colour of the cable.  Once you have made up the cable check that each pin is connected to the same pin on the other end of the cable and make sure that there are no shorts between pins.

Some applications would not need to use all 12 wires.  You could use less if you only wanted to use the intercom.

Sometimes I come across very high melting point solder and I turn the soldering irons temp right up.  You will need a fine soldering iron.

Happy to advise further on phone if nec.

John

Hi John and thanks for the reply, much appreciated. I'm after buying them complete if that's an option, with all 12 pins connected. Is this something you can sell or create? I'm away until Sunday but you can get me on WhatsApp via the number on my post anytime.

Best,

Terry