grounding Triumph 3hw

motorka CSIAB

I think the normal place is at the stud and nuts that join the rear frame to the front frame under the saddle. I can't find a clear Triumph picture yet. But these Norton and Matchless pictures clearly show it. Ron

Big4 scan (2).jpg

1940G3_IWM_KID_5392_small (7).jpg

OK it's official! This picture is from a 3HW riders handbook and the other pictures are  other period models. Two wires to the mag earth grub screw point. One from the battery and one from the regulator. Ron

DSC_1389.JPG

DSC_1387.JPG

DSC_1393.JPG

Edited by Ron
  • Thanks 1

It's usually a brass hexagonal post with a slot down one of the flats to push the wires in with a grub screw. (like on the light switch). 

But you could put a loop connector under that nut on yours. 

Ron 

DSCF4563 (2).JPG

Ron, I'm sorry maybe "uncle google" translates this well. The nut is knurled for hand tightening. So it will probably be original. Even with your photos of Triumph, I dare to guess that there was a matrix file than a "stick". Maybe every motorcycle manufacturer had it differently. Or it was, according to the specific type of magdyn. Or as with pillion seats - "what the house just gave" I have the original Lucas catalogs, but the one under one number has several designs ...