Bicycle, MK.V parts chest

welbike

Re. the bicycle quest for info, I thought I'd post my parts chest pictures here again, it might be usefull to new guys here.

I found this about 10 years ago at Beltring, was very happy to have been able to buy it! A lot of parts are postwar ofcourse, but still nice.

Cheers,

Lex

25022012248.jpg

25022012251 - kopie.jpg

25022012251.jpg

25022012252.jpg

25022012253.jpg

25022012254.jpg

25022012255.jpg

25022012256.jpg

25022012257.jpg

• Like 1

Hi  Lex  

Thanks for showing the parts box.  I have seen them before whilst I was serving.    A super item to obtain.   As you said the parts look like post war Phillips for the Trade Pattern Heavy Duty Bicycle.   I have seen your  information on the MKVs that you have.  I will reply tonight when I have studied my list of frame numbers,

Regards  Paul  

• Like 1

On 3/20/2021 at 7:22 PM, MILCYCLIST 3826 said:

The  Armourers were originally responsible for the repair of bicycles but this changed in 1954 when the repair was passed to vehicle mechanics.   This change was never popular as I can remember in early 1980s in BAOR bicycles parked outside the units armourers shop awaiting repair!!

Paul

I repaired MANY bicycles as an Armourer. We could also demand spares for them. It was common to obtain an old bike frame from a Civy rubbish dump. & bring it back to the Workshop. Make a list of what was needed & demand the spares for it. Thus Every Armorers shop in every unit I was attached to.  Had it's own Shop Bike! 😉

Very useful for runs to the NAAFI & the unit canteen. & as a 'Camp Runabout'. As some camps had quite large areas to get round! 😁

At Sandhurst, they had Hundreds of Bikes! So Many it had a repair shop for Bicycles of it's own. 

Edited by ferretfixer
  • Like 1