FV 433 ABBOTT

GREG PITTAMS

Hi ANDY,

Sorry the extra T seems locked in my spell checker. I also know it is not a tank but when it drives into a school at lunchtime many of the kids think it is. Vehicles such as this are uncommon in New Zealand. Being new to the forum I was unaware the pictures had not transmitted. They were of the turret servo amplifier box I required. I have in 2019 toured U.K. For a month in a camper van. But only scratched the surface. Saw Tanks a lot and Bovington. I am along way from your stock pile of spares and resources hence I have supplied my email to help communicate. I would like to hear from those who have Abbot parts. 

Regards

Greg Pittams 

11 hours ago, GREG PITTAMS said:

Hi ANDY,

Sorry the extra T seems locked in my spell checker. I also know it is not a tank but when it drives into a school at lunchtime many of the kids think it is. Vehicles such as this are uncommon in New Zealand. Being new to the forum I was unaware the pictures had not transmitted. They were of the turret servo amplifier box I required. I have in 2019 toured U.K. For a month in a camper van. But only scratched the surface. Saw Tanks a lot and Bovington. I am along way from your stock pile of spares and resources hence I have supplied my email to help communicate. I would like to hear from those who have Abbot parts. 

Regards

Greg Pittams 

Don't worry, I thought that an Abbot was a tank until shortly before I bought one.  You'll get shot on here, though!  🙂

As I said in the 430 Forum, I suspect that your only real solution is to repair the existing amplifier.  I've never seen a circuit diagram but all the components are listed in the ISPL so at least you know what's there.

Andy

Thanks ANDY,

i think it was you that helped me with repair advise when we got the FV 432 some years back. I am beginning to realise that these turret servo amplifier s are very scarce. Down here I have a very good Chinese auto electrician who will go to work on our unit. This man was able to repair our Abbot main instrument panel after it filled with rain water. It did not look good. But he fixed it. In NZ we have 2x Abbots and possibly 6x FV432 s

regards GREG