More help please

Tony B

I seem to be becoming a repository for old family pictures. These are of a friends Grandmother , who is still alive, so what are the vehicles and is the coat of arms that of Dover? Thanks all.

Tony,

This first one looks like a Siddeley-Deasy heavy ambulance. About 500 of these served in WW1.

The crest on the ambulance in second pic is definitely London County Council.

Richard

Thanks, she must have been some lady. I'm told she was 2 weeks short of 102 when she died. I've never heard of Siddeley -Deeasy, another track to explore. Trouble doing this there are so many intresting sidelines its hard to stay on the main track. :dunno:

Just so happens I have a drawing-room clock keeping accurate time in the hallway, with a brass plaque saying it was presented to my grandfather by Siddeley Deasy on the occasion of his marriage in 1917. He later won a medal for his work there, designing and carving large wooden propellers.

Just so happens I have a drawing-room clock keeping accurate time in the hallway, with a brass plaque saying it was presented to my grandfather by Siddeley Deasy on the occasion of his marriage in 1917. He later won a medal for his work there, designing and carving large wooden propellers.

Wow, how cool is that!

I dont know a great deal about them other than they made 500 ambulances in WW1, but I found an interesting website at

http://www.siddeley.com/company.html

which gives a lot more company history.

I guess a general engineers would be a good term. Take Foster Daimler for example who would have been quite similar only bigger. During WW1 they made cars, ambulances, trucks, tanks, gun tractors, shells, aeroplane engines, rifles, and numerous other things. An interesting time to be in industry.

Tim (too)