Fuel issues

Travis6

Question

5 answers to this question

Like everything it depends how it is driven, and at what GVW. Leyland 313/Cummins B series is not a thirsty engine but with perminient 4wd will it will use a bit more fuel than a 4x2. I think about twenty and a half Lts per 100 km would be an average figure.

I get approximately 14 mpg out of my Leyland Daf T244 which is around 20 litres per 100 Km. My truck is fitted with a Radio Repair body converted to a camper but retaining the military appearance with an all up weight of 8.2 tonnes. I hope that this helps.

13 hours ago, john1950 said:

Like everything it depends how it is driven, and at what GVW. Leyland 313/Cummins B series is not a thirsty engine but with perminient 4wd will it will use a bit more fuel than a 4x2. I think about twenty and a half Lts per 100 km would be an average figure.

Thanks for the information!! And yes, the way you drive always matter, but is good to know the average figure ;) 

12 hours ago, johnwardle said:

I get approximately 14 mpg out of my Leyland Daf T244 which is around 20 litres per 100 Km. My truck is fitted with a Radio Repair body converted to a camper but retaining the military appearance with an all up weight of 8.2 tonnes. I hope that this helps.

Thank you man, of course it helps. My intention is convert the truck in camper too so... nice info! 
Another question I have is: Is easy to find spare parts for this model of truck, I 've read in various forums that they are becoming more and more expensive because they are hardly manufactured anymore.

I think there are parts available, I could be wrong but I think the MOD still has a few. Many parts are commercially available U/Js belts and bearings, Front axle parts and transfer box gears will become harder to find.Cost is another matter. Gearbox parts should not be a problem or possibly a change to a six speed. Brake chamber parts should not be a problem even the front axle parking brake ones. I think Crouch have a lot of spares.