The Fort Paull Military Defence Camp Cooker Pressure Pot or the No1 Cooker

Went to collect the cooker today and as agreed some pictures of it, I think it was left outside since the catalogue was published, given help to get it to the car and not yet had a good look at it.

The carrying handles need to be freed obviously the rust cleaned up, the pump handle seems slightly out of line with the pump.

Looking for my copy of the manual to see how far to strip it down to get sand blasted.

I note the HYDRA label doesn't look as though it was ever fitted.

I think the original colour was deep bronze green but stand to be corrected.

Want to get my other cookers sorted first before I look at this one.

IMG_1969.JPG

IMG_1958.JPG

IMG_1960.JPG

IMG_1964.JPG

IMG_1965.JPG

IMG_1967.JPG

Edited by Surveyor
Grammer
  • Like 1
10 hours ago, REME 245 said:

Di you have the range the cooking pits sit on?

No i haven't they weren't on the sale as far as I could see, don't think i have seen any on the market, think some one on here is looking for the plan to make them

Got home and started to look at it, would ask for advice, need a metal worker hopefully in Yorkshire to fix handles as they are rusted solid, also need to try and separate the handle plate from the body. The good news is there are a set of parts still in a plastic bag. 

The instructions are in the lid and parts which in the manual show parts are one piece. 

There are parts in the kit needing cleaned, just working bit by bit. 

IMG_20200925_154002.jpg

IMG_20200925_153952.jpg

IMG_20200925_153907.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Started on the fettle, its going to be a slow one as other work and work takes priority.

One handle broke of as lifted up other seized, looking in the lid I appear to have an original set of spares in a plastic bag, first job will be sort the handles, and now found original un bleached paint heading to find a match beginning of November.

Looking in the lid the label has instructions, have a copy of the operating ones which is about half way down, cant really make out the first half, they don't appear to agree with any in the manual.

Does any one have a clear picture, I can work out fonts etc to reproduce once got the thing cleaned.

Thanks in advance.

IMG_20200925_153952.jpg