The Fort Paull Military Defence Camp Cooker Pressure Pot or the No1 Cooker

Surveyor

Decided that the weather was nice to have a look at the burner again, put endoscope in and as usual brain not thinking as there was the "Fuel pipe" across the base.
Took out the plug and next idea get one of the bolts of same thread, yup not got one, had one M10, think the thread could be M12 pushed gently and no crack I was expecting if rust, it moved gently, back to original thought sludge, put about a litre of petrol in to soak over night, will give it a swirl out tomorrow before using a bit of the brake cleaning fluid.

On 3/14/2021 at 10:30 AM, jenkinov said:

I would then let it dry and use kurust to stabilise the interior ..again repeat the process 3/4 times ...wait a week and repeat the kurust application again.

This may seem a stupid question but using the Kurust I assume all valves and connections should be taken off?

• 2 months later...

Thought time for a quick update, work got in my way.

Still to sort the cover need to chase that up this week.

Decided to do a pressure test before dismantling any further parts. put on car pump, the tank pressure gauge works, only issue at the moment is the tap at the air inlet does not tighten just revolves, so next job to look at the parts in the manual and start dismantling this valve.

I have tried lots.of ways to clean the inside of a tank but most have failed to be really effective ..the challenge is cleaning it without doing to much damage .Saw a very interesting option ..someone poured in 1000 metal bb pellets and span it  for 30 minutes ...I

Jenkinov

• 5 months later...

Quick update, base and burner went to sand blaster and now back and painted, still to get the lid.

Been trying to track down a copy of the instructions inside the lid, RLC museum didn't have any but found a listing on EBay, contacted the seller who asked that I emailed him latter as he was recovering form an operation, emailed when he asked, no response found out he sold it.

Friend in a print shop couldn't enhance them so here goes my effort from the bad picture, if any one can help with the 3 sections missing would be appreciated.

No1 lid instructions off Ebay.jpg

No 1 Instructions.docx

• 5 months later...