Challenge to the master

Tony B

Who to Teddy? :-D Its from Feild Service pocket Book, pamphlet no 5 1939. Billets Camps and and bivouacs Camp Cooking and Water Arrangements

Described as ground plan of pegs of Trent, Marquee H.P. Large.. Is HP hospital pavillion, I guess it answers one question I had, yes the Army do have a manual for a tent. :roll:

Who to Teddy? :-D Its from Feild Service pocket Book, pamphlet no 5 1939. Billets Camps and and bivouacs Camp Cooking and Water Arrangements

Described as ground plan of pegs of Trent, Marquee H.P. Large.. Is HP hospital pavillion, I guess it answers one question I had, yes the Army do have a manual for a tent. :roll:

The drawing was originally taken from 40/WO/543 RAMC Training 1908, so it was obviously a very successful design.

I've just aquird 7 various Feild service pamphlets all 1939 except Pamphlet No 1 1940 Glossary of Military Terms and organization in the feild. Fascinating reading so far. The instructions for putting up the tent are a hoot really. As you seem to be gaurdian of the set I'll send you a copy of what I've got and any your missing I can disc or send send you original if you wish.

Tony

I've just aquird 7 various Feild service pamphlets all 1939 except Pamphlet No 1 1940 Glossary of Military Terms and organization in the feild. Fascinating reading so far. The instructions for putting up the tent are a hoot really. As you seem to be gaurdian of the set I'll send you a copy of what I've got and any your missing I can disc or send send you original if you wish.

Tony

Yes that would be nice, thank you. But I may well have them, can you let me know the book reference code on the top left corner? eg the diagram you have I think came from 26/GS Pubs/3780.