WANTED - No.1 / Hydra Burner Trivets or Trench Plates

Rangie

The hunt continues....

1984951650_TripleTrivitSmall.jpg.8466383b29fe9a368d4764fc3440ae90.jpg1945139583_DoubleTrivetSmall.jpg.78122cfb79c6bd3eedd1c3314e617f75.jpg

1294841309_No.1-TrenchPlatesSmall.jpg.41b7eb60eade54b4cdbd0a3b62f2f1ae.jpg

I am looking for 2 or 3 Hole Pot Trivets, or trench plates (rectangular plate with oval hole) for the Cooker No.1 setup.

I appreciate most of these have ended up in the scrap metal bins but thought I would ask again to see if there were any lurking in sheds unused/unwanted!

Any condition, happy to use them for patterns. Happy to organise collection. Contact with information please.

Thanks, Alec.

Edited by Rangie

On The Scottish Mountain Heritage Collection site, there is an image of one page of the instructions. No image of a trivet but there maybe in the other pages of instructions. 

http://www.smhc.co.uk/objects_item.asp?item_id=33193

If you have a cooking pot you could calculate the dimensions of the plate and then using software as discussed below calculate the other dimensions. 

https://graphicdesign.stackexchange.com/questions/91706/software-to-take-precise-measurements-from-a-picture

I tried the RLC Museum 3 or 4 years ago and they hadn't anything spare at that time. I may try them again though, good idea.

I have a 2-Hole, but I am after another one or a 3-Hole. I can't use the oven and the boilers/fry plate at the same time.

I have a good selection of the equipment now, I've been searching for years for the stuff, if I could only find a 3-Hole I would be set!

I'm contemplating making up some of the "Stands" for the 6-gallon dixies, the ones that nest inside the insulator with the pan and slot-together. I made up a trench plate the way I think it should be, just to see how it looked. I haven't had the balls to set one in a trench yet, I'd rather see it and any developing issues before it goes out of hand.

They are excellent bits of kit to use though.

Alec.

21 hours ago, Surveyor said:

Vastly overpriced for one of the common ones!

Unless its an unmodified early one which are rocking horse poo, (and I would dearly love to find one), most were updraded to Type Ds' or Type Fs'. The one in the link is a Type D.

Alec.

Just now, Rangie said:

All i'd like to buy is a 3 or 2 hole trivet! Thanks for suggestions.

Alec.

Being a bit thick which is me, I remember you were talking about making one, if these are the pots for it you could scale the pictures

35 minutes ago, Surveyor said:

Being a bit thick which is me, I remember you were talking about making one, if these are the pots for it you could scale the pictures

Please try to understand.

I have a 2-hole trivet. Ultimately, if it comes to it I will have a crack at making a triple one. I have burners, 3 & 6 gallon dixies, insulators, ovens, chefs box, urns, fry plates, misc kit etc etc.

I would like to find an original 3-hole (or another 2-hole), in any condition, to use with my set-up.

Thanks for all your suggestions but they are not what I am after, cheers.

Alec.