identify this turret

draganm

It does look like the back of a Tiger 1 turret, if you compare the lifting peg position and brackets to this picture of the Vimoutiers tiger.

if it’s an original turret I don’t know, but after having worked on a couple of German vehicles and meet some of the larger collectors I think it could be very plausible that’s it is indeed a tiger turret , there is still quite a lot of German stuff around but it not as public still, as allied stuff, and it’s bloody expensive. 

DE12C682-A3F3-4B04-9F76-ADD299179C20.jpeg

• Like 1

thanks Neil's, i think you got it.

I couldn't reconcile that peg with the gun pivot lugs (if that's what they are?), on the front to each side of mantle plate. didn't realize they had one dead center in the back.

Also, that picture gives the illusion of both a vertical radius and an angle, but i think it's a camera artifact

7 hours ago, draganm said:

thanks Neil's, i think you got it.

I couldn't reconcile that peg with the gun pivot lugs (if that's what they are?), on the front to each side of mantle plate. didn't realize they had one dead center in the back. 

Hi,

the lugs either side of the mantlet are also lifting points, allowing a three-point lift to keep the turret balanced & level when it was taken off - I found this photo on the 'net showing the process: 

Tiger I turret lift.jpg