Wanyed : Dodge 1941 rear fenders. Wc38, wc pick-up 1938-1947, 1/2 tonne

paul connor

Going to be scarce thing to find good condition rear fenders, for a stepside pickup, repro fiberglass ones are available,.. Contact Bart at Fleetmasters & Co in Belgium, they  restored a similar WC38 and regularly import vehicles/parts from the US

https://www.facebook.com/pg/FleetmastersCo/photos/?tab=album&album_id=576062832478905

http://fleetmasters.be/en/

Edited by Nick Johns

7 hours ago, Nick Johns said:

HMVF is perhaps not the best place to ask for fenders as this Dodge is not really a Military vehicle as such, its entirely a 4x2 Civilian pattern Dodge supplied to the Military, ..American truck/pickup truck sites would better places to ask

Not quite Nick.

Uncle Sam bought two batches of T112 militarised civilian trucks, about 800 in each batch, and also impressed a load of other similar trucks.  I had a couple of the WC 36 Carryalls and there are a few other military half ton 4 x 2 trucks about.

Anyway, for that truck you need 1939-47 TC, TD, VC, VD, or WC, WD half, three quarter, or one ton rear fenders. You do NOT want military half ton 4 x 4 VC fenders as they are cut differently and have the spare wheel well on the RH one.  They are not difficult to get in the US, but are seldom in good condition.  However if you can get them in solid but battered condition they will re-shape back to original fairly easily - watch the wire-turned edges though.  Plymouth, Fargo, and DeSoto are identical.

hi Paul

I had a T112 for many years , a 46 model, my daily driver car . They normally had a Australian built TJ Richards built body . The earlier military ones , 1942, used by the Australian army had a separate cab like yours but mine had an integral cab rear body like most aussie utes. Yours appears to have a Adelaide built TJ Richards built cab because it has the quarter vent windows in the doors. Is it RHD ? cant tell from the pic. Is it a import from Nth America ?

Edited by goanna

• 2 weeks later...

I have a few feelers out in the USA now, and Belgium.  I hope they come through. I wish I was as skilled in metal work as the Covell chap. He makes it look so easy! Maybe I should do a reaction video with me swearing and making a right mess of it all following his tutorial?

• 5 years later...