War Wheels

Shrops and Border Counties annual bash War Wheels is on August 18th/19th at Park Hall Showground Oswestry. Over 100 vehicles of all sorts booked in and more to come. Showground opens for vehicles at noon on Fri 17th

Anybody who was heading for the cancelled Military Mayhem and are now at a loose end come and join in and make it bigger than ever.

Just hope the weather is a bit kinder to us this year.

Don

• 1 month later...

i'm afraid to say what a shambles if only the shropshire mvt got there fingers out and worked together this would be a graet show i myself took 3 vehicles and 2 trailers as i am part of the powys and mid wales group display which really is the only real display to look at to be honest if it is on next year i think that i'll have to think long and hard about making the effort again!!!

I quite agree, it was a shambles. It's a shame as the show really has huge potential. Most of the people we spoke to weren't too scathing about it but this year was a disappointment. Out of 112 vehicles booked in 27 turned up, probably due to the weather, or the threat of bad weather, luckily we had about 70 that turned up on spec. Our problem is manpower, it appears that the majority of S&BC members aren't bothered so we end up with a few people trying to do everything, I think only about 6 or 7 members actually brought vehicles which is quite poor for their own show.

We've always been pleased to have your display as it is very effective but some people have said they find it a bit unwelcoming and you do seem a bit insular and don't get involved much. No offence meant but just an observation.

If you are running the show next year it might be an idea to maybe ask Julian from the powys and mid wales mvt to maybe get us lot involved as well with the organisation as i'm pretty sure theres a few of us who would'nt mind helping as for our display i can see what you mean about it being a bit uninviting to the public and i will try and bring this up at the next meeting it would be a real shame if it was'nt on next year maybe what it needs is a real rethink of the whole show and what direction it could go maybe even get the people involved from Oswestry who organise the 40's event that might be an idea pm me if you do want to chat about getting us involved and i could bring it up at the next meeting.

Sorry about the delay answering Paul but have been on hols, thanks for the offer but I don't know if it will go ahead or not next year as we have not had time for a post mortem meeting. I will be in touch when we have decided what happens next.

We have been down the Oswestry 40's route without much success but I agree it needs a total rebuild so to speak, oh and some nice weather would be welcome.