Unussed Hessian Sandbags

rnixartillery

Anyone interested please EMAIL me by clicking my user name, I'll have to take notes of who wants what ,count them out and get postage quotes.

They are compressed into bundles so not very bulky and I have plenty of them !

Rob...................rnixartillery

A useful Tip If I may proffer some advice regarding sandbags?

If you want a realistic looking display with sandbags. DONT fill them with old Clothing/ Material or expanded polystyrene.

They will NOT lay 'right' & will blow about in strong winds!.....

I have found the ideal method. If you are fortunate enough to live near a sawmill/ lumber yard. One of the things produced as a by product, & not wanted by them is Sawdust! If you approach them & explain what you need the sawdust for. They will be more than happy for you to help yourself!

Put a good quality plastic Bag / Bin liner inside the sand bag first. (NOT a thin flimsy type!) & fill with sawdust until full. The sandbag SHOULD have a pair of attached ties. If not, use some string, to close them up securely.

You will then see, they Lay 'Correctly'. & LOOK like that they are full of sand, but do NOT (Thankfully!) have the weight of a bag full of actual sand!....:cool2: You can then safely carry MANY of them in the back of your vehicle, or a trailer to a display at a show. ;)

If you want a realistic looking display with sandbags. DONT fill them with old Clothing/ Material or expanded polystyrene.

I have found the ideal method. If you are fortunate enough to live near a sawmill/ lumber yard. One of the things produced as a by product, & not wanted by them is Sawdust! If you approach them & explain what you need the sawdust for. They will be more than happy for you to help yourself!

Put a good quality plastic Bag / Bin liner inside the sand bag first. (NOT a thin flimsy type!) & fill with sawdust until full. The sandbag SHOULD have a pair of attached ties. If not, use some string, to close them up securely.

You will then see, they Lay 'Correctly'. & LOOK like that they are full of sand, but do NOT (Thankfully!) have the weight of a bag full of actual sand!....:cool2: You can then safely carry MANY of them in the back of your vehicle, or a trailer to a display at a show. ;)

Another alternative method

Yes, use a separate bin bag or large barrier bag. Fill with chosen stuffing, I actually do use old clothes, bubble wrap and polystyrene, BUT, I stuff the bin bag to size required, get small plastic bag full of sand (couple handfuls) and place that inside on the 'bottom' section.

Then tape the bin bag to shape (seal ends then couple wraps round middle to get tube shape) then stuff THAT into sandbag.

Reason is, I get loads of packaging material, most is none recyclables, plus the bubble wrap and polystyrene are water proof.

They keep the shape and sand gives bit of weight. They sit ok, can stack ok, if out of shape just plump them up like a pillow.

I've done hundreds like this, not a problem.

Another tip is if using the large airbags (I get mine free off a mate) take them off the roll but keep flat, then cut down the middle to make two halves (not across centre, give wrong shape)

Then tape seal the seam shut with brown packaging tape to make your saussage shape for stuffing.

You can adjust the weight with the small sand bag inside if want bit heavier.

This reminded me on how heavy they can be especially if wet and water logged, a memory locked away till now