Look what we have found!

Great War truck

Sorry :bow: Blame the Yanks, they were allegedly used in the recent WW1 flying film, wings of angels? or whatever.

Ah, no doubt that eye-stingingly bad film 'Flyboys'!

I'm tempted to go down the Model T route, however aside from the US ambulance version I haven't found any photos of the 1917 onwards version of the Model T (with the nicer looking non-brass radiator), does anyone have any? Apparently a lot of one ton trucks (1917 onwards) were used by both the British and US, however as these were normally supplied without a cab or rear body I don't know what they'd look like. The 1917 pick up in the RAFM has a replica cab and body so don't know how accurate that is.

Ah, no doubt that eye-stingingly bad film 'Flyboys'!

I'm tempted to go down the Model T route, however aside from the US ambulance version I haven't found any photos of the 1917 onwards version of the Model T (with the nicer looking non-brass radiator), does anyone have any? Apparently a lot of one ton trucks (1917 onwards) were used by both the British and US, however as these were normally supplied without a cab or rear body I don't know what they'd look like. The 1917 pick up in the RAFM has a replica cab and body so don't know how accurate that is.

Was it that bad? I was going to get some one to buy it on DVD for me for Xmas.

Interesting thoughts on the Model T. I have not really given them much consideration.

Will send a PM.

Tim (too)

Extremely bad! I've only seen the dogfight clips on youtube but they say it all - WWI biplanes with agility that would put an Extra 300 (the type of plane you see in the Red Bull Air Races) to shame. The worst bits either have to be the fact that all enemy planes are completely red Fokker triplanes, the bad guy is so bad his plane is completely black, to show how evil he is, and worst of all the part where an American pilot intentionally manages to rip off the top wing of a Fokker triplane by going slightly higher whilst being chased, and then slowing down, using his undercarriage to rip off the upper wing. His own undercarriage isn't damaged whatsoever!

Just uncovered this stock pile of tires.

At 4 banks of 30 long x 10 wide x 10 deep, that's 12,000 tyres visible here, or 1,200 jimmys worth.

Which according to Red Ball statistics :coffee2: , would have lasted them about 6 days at peak useage in September '44 :schocked: Or would keep us lot going for a year or so :whistle: