Tank or Armoured Vehicle wanted for TV show

johnwardle

I have been contacted by the BBC, who were put on to me by The Tank Museum, with a request for a tank or armoured vehicle to take part in an episode of the BAFTA award winning science series 'Absolute Genius with Dick and Dom' to be filmed on Weymouth beach on Monday 22nd of August.

As I can't think of anyone with a running tank or armoured vehicle that would be available, I'm hoping that someone on here can help, please pm me if you are interested and I will forward the email that I received from the BBC.

This is a rare opportunity for someone to have a bit of fun while educating young people.

Thanks

John.

I have been contacted by the BBC, who were put on to me by The Tank Museum, with a request for a tank or armoured vehicle to take part in an episode of the BAFTA award winning science series 'Absolute Genius with Dick and Dom' to be filmed on Weymouth beach on Monday 22nd of August.

As I can't think of anyone with a running tank or armoured vehicle that would be available, I'm hoping that someone on here can help, please pm me if you are interested and I will forward the email that I received from the BBC.

This is a rare opportunity for someone to have a bit of fun while educating young people.

Thanks

John.

Obviously didn't want to pay Tank Museum rates!

I have an 2 'not tanks' Abbot and Scorpion, but they may not be heavy enough for what Absolute Genius want to do... Probably crushing something or someone...

I'm a 10 miles from Weymouth so there would be some costs involved.

I'm sure there are some others not too far away, given that we have Armour and Embarkation here too...

PM me if either of my tanks are of interest.

I'm in the New Forest and have around 25 vehicles but it all depends on what exactly they want to do?

Any further information?

Markheliops

Hi Mark,

Could you P.M me your email address and I will forward the email I received from the BBC.

John

• 3 weeks later...
You need a centurion or something heavy like that, will transport be paid for and fuel?

may be able to find one for you

Thanks for the offer, but I have put 2 other people in touch with the television people, as the filming is taking place on Tuesday I think that they have the sandcastle crusher sorted.

• 3 weeks later...