Restoration of MCC Fuel Tanks

Has anyone of 'us' used the Frosts Fuel Tank restorer :- ' POR15 Deluxe Big Fuel Car Tank Repair Sealer Kit

Product Code : S208

Use POR-15 Fuel Tank Repair Kit to create a new tank inside your old one. A leaking petrol tank can be lethal, welding a tank is suicidal - this kit will put an end to the need for it. Seals up to 18 Gallon tank (68L)

Availability: In stock

£65.95'

Just wondered what advise you had before i buy it ?

cheers

Jules

We've used it twice - once on a MUTT restoration several years ago, and I just used it in our Ferret fuel tank which I had cut open, shot blasted and welded back up. The product seems to do what it says on the tin from the MUTT experience. Make sure that the prep is carried out correctly (you may need to let the tank dry out overnight following degreasing and prep solution.

Vince

I used it a couple of years back on one of my Landrovers fuel tanks. I bought it off e-bay and when it was filled it turned out that at around the half tank mark it leaked like a sieve. Make sure the tank is thoroughly dried after washing and cleaning - I had mine in the kitchen in the warm to dry it out for two complete days before plugging all the external holes (remove drain plug too) and using the dealing liquid. Touch wood it is still dry as a bone.

I've used it on my cars when I used to do the classic car restoration. Does what it says on the tin, but follow instructions to the letter. Two reasons really,

1) it will work and seal as it should

2) IF something goes wrong you have some grounds for an argument.

I've heard of some guys not doing the prep correctly and bits coming adrift into the fuel system!

But I've only good to say about it.