The Wednesday photo gallery

Snapper

Here are some more odds and sods from the Barnes archives. I've still got quite a lot of material from here at work to put up as and when time allows. Today we have snaps from the IWM at Lambeth, My Iltis before and after soft top fitting (the Land Rover top was converted by the previous owner who subsequently bought the lid back off me for a second Iltis of his own. He is a very clever bloke - the top was excellent - but I wanted originality. I sometimes wonder if I made a mistake). The Bv206 and the CVR(T) Striker details were snapped at a private collection in England. The owner had some very rare prototypes and was really interesting. Unfortunately the piece I wrote for CMV accompanying the pix will never appear. I hope they don't mind me using a couple here after two years! Finally, the Enigma machine was snapped at Gaydon. This is one of a stunning collection of artefacts displayed by a chap called Ivan and his mates from the Coventry area who have a Citroen lorry set up as a German army postal unit. One of the best displays I've ever seen, right down to date stamps and stationery.

Enigma Machine!

I know a guy in Normandy who bought an Enigma Machine at a 'jumble' sale as the lady selling it thought it was type writer and she thought it was broken.

How much did he buy it for? 50 Euros!! :schocked: :schocked:

Enigma Machine!

I know a guy in Normandy who bought an Enigma Machine at a 'jumble' sale as the lady selling it thought it was type writer and she thought it was broken.

How much did he buy it for? 50 Euros!! :schocked: :schocked:

Now why haven't I got one?