Replica guns

Martin, I'm guessing that there WILL ALWAYS be a market for these,..........dependant on costings, etc.

I know Relics have produced both, but now concentrate on the 50cal........that MAY tell you something.................

(Relics are normaly wood, with metal mags, etc.....the .50 is metal throughout.)

Andy

• 1 year later...
Hi

I wondered if there is a market for 30 and 50 cals made in aluminium.

I know a machinist who is willing to try making these but he needs detailed plans,drawings and photographs so he can cost out the job.

Please can I have thoughts on this and plans etc.

Martin

Hello Martin, There are so many people out there making these things. It probably wouldnt be worth the effort.

& if your guy is making from Alliuminium, the cost would be huge compared to steel plate.

I have made these in the past myself, the time & work involved to make them as reasistic as poss is huge!

To that end, the cost would be a lot.

Personaly, I would put the extra together & buy a De-Act!

Regards: Mike

Hi

I wondered if there is a market for 30 and 50 cals made in aluminium.

I know a machinist who is willing to try making these but he needs detailed plans,drawings and photographs so he can cost out the job.

Please can I have thoughts on this and plans etc.

Martin

VCR Act 2006

36 Manufacture, import and sale of realistic imitation firearms (1) A person is guilty of an offence if—

(a) he manufactures a realistic imitation firearm;

(b) he modifies an imitation firearm so that it becomes a realistic imitation firearm;

© he sells a realistic imitation firearm; or

(d) he brings a realistic imitation firearm into Great Britain or causes one to be brought into Great Britain.

VCR Act 2006

36 Manufacture, import and sale of realistic imitation firearms (1) A person is guilty of an offence if—

(a) he manufactures a realistic imitation firearm;

(b) he modifies an imitation firearm so that it becomes a realistic imitation firearm;

© he sells a realistic imitation firearm; or

(d) he brings a realistic imitation firearm into Great Britain or causes one to be brought into Great Britain.

Would this still count if the RIF was manufactured for a museum, and what would the possible sentance be? I have seen quite a few wooden ones with metal parts up for sale recently.

Would this still count if the RIF was manufactured for a museum, and what would the possible sentance be? I have seen quite a few wooden ones with metal parts up for sale recently.

A museum has a defence in law to display RIF's, to manufacture you would have to prove that you are doing it as a legitimate business & carrying out the checks required to sell them on... Sentances are set out in the Firearms Act...

Doesn't matter what a RIF is made of... a RIF is a RIF..

• 4 weeks later...