MVT Essex Classic Military Vehicle and Vintage Aircraft Show

rgb

11th/12th August 2007 - Damyns Hall Airfield near Upminster.

Hi all,

I just thought it was about time to start bringing The Essex MVT show up again, as it's only a couple of months away. The vehicle bookings are over the hundred mark, and the traders are making a strong showing. It's a huge airfield and there is plenty of room. Just to make it a more memorable occasion than it would be anyway, Saturday night is party night once the MOPs have gone with live entertainment and a DJ, and more importantly a beer tent.

Interested in coming along and displaying? ALL era's groups and nationalitys are welcome, as are individuals in uniform. Just follow the link in my signature and fill in the form.

Richard

http://www.mvt-essex.org.uk/annual.htm

11th/12th August 2007 - Damyns Hall Airfield near Upminster.

Hi all,

I just thought it was about time to start bringing The Essex MVT show up again, as it's only a couple of months away. The vehicle bookings are over the hundred mark, and the traders are making a strong showing. It's a huge airfield and there is plenty of room. Just to make it a more memorable occasion than it would be anyway, Saturday night is party night once the MOPs have gone with live entertainment and a DJ, and more importantly a beer tent.

Interested in coming along and displaying? ALL era's groups and nationalitys are welcome, as are individuals in uniform. Just follow the link in my signature and fill in the form.

Richard

http://www.mvt-essex.org.uk/annual.htm

Hi Richard

Sorry - will be at Redhill Steam Fair that weekend.

Have fun though.

Markheliops

• 1 month later...

Little Maud the Stalwart will be arriving, care of Phil Benham, from Pirbright on Monday Richard. Together with John's Saladin, Stuarts' Saracen and Lee's Fox!!

Still coated in the authentic Beltring mud!!!!!

Excellent, are you all up for a bit of showing off in the arena?

Richard

I will be there...hopefully with out too much of the Beltring mud left on...the rest is blocking the main drain up in the road outside my house :whistle:

cheers

Chris

See you there Chris, :-D What time are you arriving? I wonder what the total tonnage of mud removed from Beltring was.... :shake:

Hi Richard

well I ended up with three Jeeps back at mine on the Sunday night, the mud from us alone laying in my drive was about the size of a couple of bags of cement....

I hope to be there no later than 12...will have to do the last bit of important shopping before i leave...beer and bacon...oh and pack the trailer

see you there, hope the weather keeps good

cheers

Chris :-)

Excellent, are you all up for a bit of showing off in the arena?

Richard

Hi Richard

Good to see some from Essex area appreciate our efforts though you would'nt think so considering the phone conversations and mails we have recieved today.

Wil we up to showing off in the arena??

Well that will of course depend on

A/ Whether the vehicles will be allowed to remain at Daymn's Hall until the weekend.

and

B/ A suitable reply is recieved regarding todays correspondence.

All being Ok though I am sure we will of course do what we can for OUR area.

BTW we might be bringing Beltring mud with us but at least we did'nt manage to contaminate it with the Surrey outbreak of F&M.

Thanks to everyone who made it a success. It was nice to meet people and put names to faces, and it’s very nice to see all the positive comments being made. The Essex MVT worked hard to make this show a good one, but without the input of you guys, it would be for nothing.

There are too many people to thank, but along with all the small individual displays that unpacked from their jeep, Landrover or trucks there are the guys from

• Das Heer and Battle for Europe who gave their usual 5 star performances in the arena with firepower displays and on their static displays,

• The 7th Cavalry’s excellent Vietnam display, and their off the cuff skirmish, patrolling and good humour,

• The guys from the Essex armour and softskins who had large lumps of armour in the arena all day and were the backbone of many arena events,

• Jon the Welder with his beer and his crew (including the Holy dog) who are the nicest people you could ever meet, and they just happened to have a Stug with them, (thanks for the ride!)

• Luke Hallidays group with the aid post, who gave me a cold beer in 75deg sunshine and will always have a special place in my heart for it…

• Derek, the advance unit of the Soviet 13th Guards who is a bloody nice bloke, with a great display.

• Dicky from ENSA, who just never seemed to want to stop and sang his heart out and was a big hit with the public

• And finally all the people that took vehicles, from a Chindit on a folding Para bike to a Hellcat, that put in the effort and made the show what it was

Next year will be bigger and better, and will be held on the 9th and 10th of August, if you want to book in, just drop me a line.

Richard Brew.