On the Wednesday nightshift

Snapper

Greetings chaps and chapesses. I am enduring a nightshift wrestling with medadata input and all kind of stuff while the England game is on in the background and Guns N Roses are blasting out of my laptop. The only good news is I have a photography job to do in Croydon on Friday. Office furniture is my lifesaver.

In celebration here is another hentail from the Barnes archives....

Pix from Duxford, where I was briefly a member before domestic commitments and full time work killed any hope of me making a go of it. I used to cite driving from Southend as a problem. Other volunteers drive regularly from Kent and Sussex. But they haven't endured the A130 and A120. My excuse.....

More pix from Beltring and some pix from Tilbury in the days before English Heritage dumped the lovely show put on by the Essex MVT. Nice to see they are now able to hen a snook at the short sighted people who terminated the arrangement. Tilbury was always a little gem - great venue, good organisation and very nice people.

Here you've got examples of 2S1 self-propelled gun - a 122mm weapon; the MTLB fitted with Big Fred radar; PT 76 amphibious tank and a ZSU 23-4 SPAAG

Here you've got a nice view of Pete from Duxford working on his beloved T34. What he doesn't know about the tank isn't worth knowing. The biiger 2S3 sp gun is a 152mm model - anotther Gulf War souvenir. The Dodge comes from Beltring - 2000 I think. The Bedford QLB is a Tilbury stunner. Not many of them about....

Some Garands from Beltring; a lovely Dodge ambulance - a nice comparison for the pretty post war Ford Koln. When I first saw motors like this at the Hop Farm I knew I'd arrived in the right place. No more rally cars or ordinary car shows for me.... The jeep at Tilbury helps show what a great venue it was. My son James got to hold a BAR for the first time thanks to the chap manning this display and the lad nearly crumpled under the weight. He was about ten at the time.

If you fancy getting your hands dirty on Friday afternoon after that office furniture job, feel free to pop by our place in Coulsdon and wrestle some 11:00 x 20s :-)

ps. Great pic's! As a relative young'un it's interesting to see shots of the early days of shows like Beltring, if only to see stuff which no longer comes out. Where do things like that ambulance hide now?

If you fancy getting your hands dirty on Friday afternoon after that office furniture job, feel free to pop by our place in Coulsdon and wrestle some 11:00 x 20s :-)

ps. Great pic's! As a relative young'un it's interesting to see shots of the early days of shows like Beltring, if only to see stuff which no longer comes out. Where do things like that ambulance hide now?

Fantastic offer. The job was cancelled this morning. It will be on again, though. I am lucky to get a bit of work out of my friend's company - the newspaper stock pic market has crashed and this was my main business. Never mind, the kit is all paid for and the only cloud is paying my tax bill next spring. But that is some way off....

We all have our crosses to bare...

MB