Fuel gauge and Flashers

Help Requested,

1. The fuel gauge on my MK 1 ferret does not work.

2. The emergency flashers for the left side of the vehicle do not flash. The bulbs are good and turn signals work fine.

3. The trip meter on the speedo does not want to reset.

I am new to ferrets so any diagrams if possible with the troubleshooting suggestions will be appreciated to make some sense of the spaghetti bowl of the dash wiring.

Thanks in advance for the help.

John

Rob,

Thanks for the info. I am using a weed gauge right now, a long straight weed used to measure the fuel. I have been told that the electrical gauges frequently don't work. Most of my driving is for relatively short distances, but I still carry extra fuel.

John

There is a relay hidden in a cover behind the hazard pull switch and integral with the switch, basically put its nasty Hella rubbish, the fault is either a burnt out relay coil, a dirty relay contact, or a wire has dropped off.

Pulling the switch initiates the flashers on one side of the vehicle and connects the relay coil so as to pulse from the flasher, which is a bimetallic type, the circuit to the opposing flasher is then switched via the relay contacts. All very primitive and 1950's Ferret like.

Diana

Help Requested,

1. The fuel gauge on my MK 1 ferret does not work.

2. The emergency flashers for the left side of the vehicle do not flash. The bulbs are good and turn signals work fine.

3. The trip meter on the speedo does not want to reset.

I am new to ferrets so any diagrams if possible with the troubleshooting suggestions will be appreciated to make some sense of the spaghetti bowl of the dash wiring.

Thanks in advance for the help.

John