FV600 hubs / bevel boxes

Sean N

Anyone got a feel for current prices and availability of hubs / bevel boxes / complete wheel stations for a Stalwart?

What are the differences between Stalwart / Saracen / Saladin (ignoring the brakes and small bits)?

Thanks.

Interesting, they are about Sean but usually take offs, I have never seen a new one come up for sale...I am sure some people have them lurking about. I do not think the saracen one is that different but cannot say if it is for sure the same...nut cannot brelieve it is that different.ALVIS always changed as little as they could...

Are you thinking to get your hub fixed...is it a broken hub or a broken bevel box...or tracta joint

I do wish I could buy yours but I have no time and definitely no money at the moment.

Stalwart brake calipers are the same as fox.

But I've refurbished all mine with seals and pistons from banisters.

I've tried a few Saracen and Saladin parts and the stollies are bigger.( wanna buy some Saracen drag links?)

I have managed to get bearings to replace all the damaged ones in my drive train so far, including bevel gearbox ones and input pinion. None of it was particularly hard just need big tools and time.

I did have a lead on some new Center bevel boxes in crates but withams bought them and around 100 shock absorbers

have not got to the bottom of that yet.

I presume you are on the stolly group on yahoo? they can help with some difficult bits.

My other main consumable is tracta joints and shafts all available through Bannisters but the price goes up every time.

John

Edited by lowfat

yes we have to keep Richard going..he has a lot of gear...he needs to sell some of it I guess

I helped him out by buying a reconditioned gearbox to decorate the side wall of the barn that already has two crated FV430 gearboxes and a steering box ...

Andy

I know stalwart bevel boxes are different from Saracen.

The size of the splined in put shafts are smaller on the stalwart.

The difference in the hub reductions is the disc on the stalwart being part of the outer hub.

Suspension pins and washers are slightly different with the stalwart having improved design of O rings to help keep water out.

Also note there is a early small shock/rebound pin design and a later larger shock rebound design on the Saracens and only the larger bigger pin design fits the stalwart.

The four drive shafts in side the hull of the Stalwart must be different and smaller too that a Saracen to fit the bevel boxes as is the muff couplings..............it was because they used a rubber boot over the muff couplings and had less room in the stalwart in that area.

wow that is knowledge that is hard to find..thanks for that...so replacements from a Saracen not easy...but some bits are interchangeable might be a fair description...

Typical British design then "all parts are interchangeable" except the ones that break regularly:D haha, and bugger I've got a stillage full of Saracen bevel boxes, are they compatible with Saladin then?

The tracta joint forks and shafts are interchangeable , as is the bearings and seals, but on the front of the stalwart I suspect the inner front tracta joint fork for the bevel boxes is different as it needs to be longer for the stalwarts parking brake drums which are inside the hull.

Yes its a case of some stuff fits the stalwart and some does not.

Here in Australia there are no stalwart parts advailable, only Saracen parts.

Typical British design then "all parts are interchangeable" except the ones that break regularly:D haha, and bugger I've got a stillage full of Saracen bevel boxes, are they compatible with Saladin then?

how much for a left rear bevel box I might be in the market for the right price or a pair?