Land Rover Series 2A rifle clip brackets

G506

Finally, after 10 years without, I turned up a pair of rifle brackets for the Landy 2A, but now Im a bit puzzled, Im not sure what the correct positioning is for them! The speedo/instrument cluster panel has two small cut outs that marry up perfectly, but no screw holes on the bulkhead to attach to. On further examination, there are screw holes that seem to marry up elsewhere on the bulkhead, one of which is directly in front of the passenger seat. It could be that this speedo/instrument cluster panel is out of another 2A, and there were two different mounting positions, corresponding to different weapons perhaps?

Any ideas anyone?

Hi Andrew,

thanks for the reply. I'm pretty sure these are correct front fitted brackets, as opposed to the rear bulkhead ones for series 3, and line up exactly with screw holes on the front bulkhead. Incidentally, I only install them on arrival at a show, I dont leave them fitted while driving, as I dont want Mrs G506 being impaled in the event of an accident! :schocked:

I wondered if in 1961 the army were using a particular rifle, and then later on in the sixties they changed to a different rifle, perhaps resulting in different bracket positioning on Landys. It doesnt help that I know absolutely nothing about rifles :-(

Thanks for your help anyhow

G506