UIN N0104A RM Commando

ted angus

Can anyone help please and tell me if UIN N10104A is 42 or 45 Commando RM ; My son recently bought a series 3 Lightweight the record card shows 105 AD Regt which was Edinburgh / Dundee TA unit, then 42 CDO RM , then sold Fife and Kinross auction ; 42 CDO are Plymouth based 45 are Arbroath Nr Dundee- I am wondering if a clerk made an error ; The vehicle has the Artic heater etc 45 are the Artic unit ?? hence I would like to find out who is the above UIN

thanks

TED

Have checked database - N0104A is 42 Commando, 45 Commando is N5596A, however it shows the Unit location for 42 Commando between 01/01/2006 and 09/03/2006 as being BANUCK AIR STATION , NORWAY. I know that this is well outside the timeframe for service period of the lightweight but might be a clue as to the fitting of the arctic heater. Hope this is of help.

Steve

Steve, many thanks, Well that blew my theory out of the water. fancy Edinburgh/Dundee area down to Plymouth then up to Kinross for auction . I checked 42 and it seems they too have done several Artic warfare stints.

thanks again for your help

regards TED