LeFH 18/40

Just in today is this pretty rare and original LeFH 18/40, from my research this variant of the FH18 has survived in very small numbers and still on the original wooden wheels.

Unfortunately German Artillery is not my thing so this is for sale if anyone out there wants a cheap WW11 German Artillery piece !

Rob.......................rnixartillery.

DSCF3551.jpg

DSCF3553.jpg

I spent a few hours on the fh18 today and managed to open up the breech and clean the crap out of the barrel that had built up over the many decades ,I found a few small arms parts shoved down amongst the usual crap.

It is all in remarkable condition and I'm sure will clean up very nicely.

Rob........................rnixartillery.

DSCF3556.jpg

DSCF3558.jpg

DSCF3561.jpg

I take it this little baby is still on live fire ticket and what is the calibre Rob ?

Commander

Yes it is Live and on ticket and will only be sold to someone who has the authority to posses it.

Standard bore 105mm or correctly 10.5cm although firearms licensing have it filed as 105mm as 10.5cm did not compute !

I am asking 13k so as WWII German Artillery goes 'its not out the way'

It is unrestored needs a lot of work but it is fresh to the collectors market and completely original and untouched.

It needs a muzzle brake and the barrel compensator as these are missing but I'm sure they are out there waiting to be found.

Rob.......................rnixartillery

Is this one of the ex Iraqi or Syrian jobs?, a lot went out there (and also to Spain, etc.), just wondering, I'm sure it can be traced. Maybe from eastern Europe too? Bulgaria and the likes.

You are right, it is on the PAK carriage as late war they tried to make them dual purpose with AP ammo but this was also a post war mod for flogging them to various countries.

Regards

Bob

Edited by Bob042

No ,This piece was bought from Normandy France to England in 1947 and has been in store ever since and was more or less forgotten about for 40 years.The Lightweight carriage conversion was done in 1942.

Rob...................rnixartillery.