Brisbane members help

OZITIM

Hi. I know a few members are from Brisbane. I was wondering if anyone had a bit of space to store four Ferret wheels, until I can pick them up in a couple of weeks. The wheels are currently located at Tim Vibert in Wangaratta and I need to transport them to Cairns. The cost of transport is insane. I am transporting a Bren Carrier back to Cairns in a couple of weeks from Brisbane, so was hoping to be able to throw the wheels on the truck with the carrier. That way I would only be paying from transport from Wangaratta to Cairns. If anyone could hold onto the wheels for me for a bit, I would be most appreciative. If your a Ferret owner, I might even be able to repay the favour with helping you out on the Ferret or exchanging some parts.

Regards, Tim

Isn't Wangaratta in Vic? Anyway for freight quotes look up Tamando on the net - and specify depot to depot main highway towns and forklift each end to get the best deal which are often pretty good. I take it you are coming to Brisvegas for the vintage truck show?

You guys are the best. I will have a look at that freight company today. When is the vintage truck show. Im down in Brisbane this week with work, so could extend my stay. Im coming down in a couple of weeks to pick up a Bren Carrier from Gayndah and will swing by Brisbane. So when I swing past, I will have the Bren on the truck. Tim Vibert has the wheels on a palet and has a fork lift.

Many regards, Tim

Heritage Truck Club have their show on sat & sun 16/17 May at Rocklea Showground (off Grannard Rd, go past Bunnings), although a lot of guys (& gals) turn up on fri to make it a 3 day event. Would have to go a long way to find an old truck show that has something of everything like this one, and isn't swamped by moderns.

Tamando is one of several net based clearing houses - get to 'booking overview', 'make a booking', fill details out, quotes come up and you don't have to accept any if you are just looking. When you do it sends invoice to be paid by cred card and then sends you a label and consignment notes (can be emailed to sender) to be attached to item. Lots of smoke & mirrors but once you have the hang of it is easy.