Green Goddess

paulob1

Hi Guys anyone know where i can get a carb repair kit for a green goddess...she is leaking badly. not running for some unknown reason and suspect the electronic ignition...will check her tomorrow. since we have the heath fire yesterday we have been preparing her for fire duties after her winter of rest...

Or Norman Aish (Bygone Bedford Bits), or Burlen Services. If you Google 'Zenith carburettor parts' quite a few results come up.

Is it a 48VIR on a Goddess, I can't remember?

Edited by Sean N
Misremembering carb number

yes ordered the repair kit should be great...not getting a spark now think the electronic ignition is broken

Ive heard mixed reveiws re electronic ignition. Last year a fella in Normandy had the same happen,I think there has been a couple of people on here thats had problems.

Fitted one to our Dodge but still keep the base plate,points and condensor handy with the tools.

Ive heard mixed reveiws re electronic ignition. Last year a fella in Normandy had the same happen,I think there has been a couple of people on here thats had problems.

Fitted one to our Dodge but still keep the base plate,points and condensor handy with the tools.

yes they are getting old in the GG's the light comes on but no spark...loads of these really cheap senders in the dizzy, they break the moment you look at them or cross a wire...but not many options these days...

yes they are getting old in the GG's the light comes on but no spark...loads of these really cheap senders in the dizzy, they break the moment you look at them or cross a wire...but not many options these days...

Before you condemn the electronic ignition, the rotor arm should be given the HT leak test as they are first component to break down normally.

points.... took me few seconds to find the fault...had worn down over time and not working, need a new set but all running sweet now, been testing her as we are surrounded by fires at the moment. DOnt my place going up I have 200 acres of very dry heath and forest...

so we have three pumps two portable godiva's 350 gallons per minute and the GG...we are building a water trailer out of a zil131 chassis and two tanks, fitted to the back of a zil 131 with the pump and another two 1000 litre ibcs, so a total of well over 5000 litres of water... plus the pond..

Edited by paulob1