Passing of Peter Lacey

ww2rupert

It is with great sadness I have to report the passing of one of the founder members of the 4th Dorset's living history group.

Peter Lacey known as "Exocet" on here, passed away Monday evening after spending 112 days in hospital recovering from an illness.

Peter was a very well liked man who always had time for anyone and was as extremely knowledgeable person on WW1 & WW2.

He worked as a volunteer at the "Keep" in Dorchester and knew almost everything there was about the history of the Dorsetshire regiment.

I sold him my old Daimler Dingo and it was the love of his life (after Di his partner) he was also my best man at my wedding and his after dinner speach always makes me smile even now 8yrs later.

Peter was a nurse practitioner at Swanage hospital and his name badge had a picture of him in his battledress which always got the conversation going with the veterans who he treated.

His funeral will be on 18th March in Weymouth at 1pm, and we will be giving him a send off in uniform as per his and family's instructions.

He will be sorely missed RIP Peter

It is with great sadness I have to report the passing of one of the founder members of the 4th Dorset's living history group.

Peter Lacey known as "Exocet" on here, passed away Monday evening after spending 112 days in hospital recovering from an illness.

Peter was a very well liked man who always had time for anyone and was as extremely knowledgeable person on WW1 & WW2.

He worked as a volunteer at the "Keep" in Dorchester and knew almost everything there was about the history of the Dorsetshire regiment.

I sold him my old Daimler Dingo and it was the love of his life (after Di his partner) he was also my best man at my wedding and his after dinner speach always makes me smile even now 8yrs later.

Peter was a nurse practitioner at Swanage hospital and his name badge had a picture of him in his battledress which always got the conversation going with the veterans who he treated.

His funeral will be on 18th March in Weymouth at 1pm, and we will be giving him a send off in uniform as per his and family's instructions.

He will be sorely missed RIP Peter

I am very sorry to hear this. Peter was a fantastic guy and was a fantastic help and support to me at both A&E's.

History is going to miss this guy. A very sad day and I am sorry you have lost a dear friend.

I will drop you a PM with regards to next Wednesday.

Just want to update, after speaking to Peters partner Di, anyone wishing to attend the funeral is welcome, we the Dorset's group will be in Battle dress as per family instructions and will follow the coffin into the crematorium.

The "Keep" in Dorchester will be supplying a Dorset flag over the coffin and a standard bearer with flag and veterans will be there too, Di did say that if anyone wants to turn up in a military vehicle that would be lovely, there may not be enough room at the crematorium for all the vehicles so some can be left at the football ground which is only a few minutes walk away. (that's were we are going afterwards)

It is not a 40's themed funeral but anyone wishing to turn up in suitable military uniform (any era) is more than welcome, no webbing or weapons please! only belts and anklets/gaiter's and soft hats (no helmets)

Regards

Colin