Hi From NW Ireland

Hi all,

Just joined the board with a view to bucking up the courage to do a restoration. I'm a 34 year old marine engineer with a background in various car bike jeep and farm machinery repairs.

I have a garage and a heap of tools and hoists so im going to try and be ambitious.

I'm looking for a scorpion CVRT to restore. Preferably with the diesel engine....I see a few in Withams in various states of disrepair

Any advice on where exactly I should be looking and what I should budget for an initial purchase would be great.

Thanks guys!

Shane

Hi Shane,

There are a number of diesel Scorpions at Withams but none have a gearbox. Currently there is no source for a diesel gearbox unless you buy a complete Spartan or Sultan at the same time and break it for spares. The gearboxes are worth more than the rest of the vehicle so you need deep pockets.

Chris

G'day and Welcome

Hi Shane,

There are a number of diesel Scorpions at Withams but none have a gearbox. Currently there is no source for a diesel gearbox unless you buy a complete Spartan or Sultan at the same time and break it for spares. The gearboxes are worth more than the rest of the vehicle so you need deep pockets.

Chris

Chris - what type of gearboxes do they have..... just curious as i remember this topic coming up a few times.

Thanks for the welcome guys!

How come theres so many ones with a duff gearbox? is it a typical failing point or have they been scavenged themselves for spares. Id settle for a petrol one if I could lay my hands on a cheap project. who would be the best man to talk to would you think? Ive been tormenting the wife for years with the idea and when we built the house I sneakily spec'd the doors and floor area of the garages big enough.

she has her kitchen....she has her walk in wardrobe....now its my turn!!!