Polsten Quad

123craigk

I've just started to restore a Polston Quad AA Gun. Managed to get the donkey engine running but there's a bad fuel leak from the lift pump. It's been stripped down and it looks like the diaphragm is porous. Any ideas where I get get a new one or would a different lift pump fit?IMG_1413.jpg

IMG_1399.jpg

IMG_1401.jpg

IMG_1402.jpg

IMG_1403.jpg

IMG_1404.jpg

IMG_1405.jpg

IMG_1406.jpg

IMG_1410.jpg

IMG_1411.jpg

IMG_1412.jpg

Edited by 123craigk

I have a spare sight bar if yours is missing ?

Rob...................rnixartillery.

Hi Rob,

I've got the large sight bar but not the sights that fit on to it. If youv'e got the sights I'd have them off you, but thanks for the offer.

Craig

It looks the same as a jeep diaphragm, see if you can get a kit from one of the jeep spares dealers

Hi Richard,

Thanks for that, I think I've found one on Ebay. If its not the right one I'll try Jeep bits. It looks like there may be a wiring problem, had a bit of smoke coming from the switch box when we connected the battery so next job is to trace if there is a bare wire shorting out. Could do with a wiring diagram if you know where I could got one?

Craig

Hi Richard,

Thanks for that, I think I've found one on Ebay. If its not the right one I'll try Jeep bits. It looks like there may be a wiring problem, had a bit of smoke coming from the switch box when we connected the battery so next job is to trace if there is a bare wire shorting out. Could do with a wiring diagram if you know where I could got one?

Craig

Hi Craig,

Sorry I know nothing about the Polsten, just recognised the pump that's all. So I am afraid I cannot be of help with wiring info. Sure someone on here will know though.

regards, Richard

Hi Rob,

I've got the large sight bar but not the sights that fit on to it. If youv'e got the sights I'd have them off you, but thanks for the offer.

Craig

We were lucky the "Spider sight came with ours,but I understand they are in short supply.

We have the eight round mags and over the years have found about 50 odd 20mm cases.

Picked up a really nice orginal Canadian wooded ammo box at W&P R last year.

We were lucky the "Spider sight came with ours,but I understand they are in short supply.

We have the eight round mags and over the years have found about 50 odd 20mm cases.

Picked up a really nice orginal Canadian wooded ammo box at W&P R last year.

I've managed to get some drum magazines L&R handed from World Wide Arms in boxes, but stll looking for sights. If I cant find any I will try and get some made. The good news is that I've got the engine running and all the hudraulics are working although there is a small leak from a couple of pipes but the shoudn't be hard to fix. Next job is a clean up and paint. I'm hoping to have it all done for The Yorkshire Wartime Experiance show in July. Should make an intersting exhibit.

Craig

I've managed to get some drum magazines L&R handed from World Wide Arms in boxes, but stll looking for sights. If I cant find any I will try and get some made. The good news is that I've got the engine running and all the hudraulics are working although there is a small leak from a couple of pipes but the shoudn't be hard to fix. Next job is a clean up and paint. I'm hoping to have it all done for The Yorkshire Wartime Experiance show in July. Should make an intersting exhibit.

Craig

Out of interest was that the one on ebay a few weeks ago.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Rob,

Craig

Craig,

I have just returned home from a parts hunt and bought one and half tons of artillery parts in amongst it all is a polsten sight bar you are looking for !

Rob...............rnixartillery.