from the Great White North

elgorah_r

Regards to all;

I'm a retired Canadian Army type, having served 35 years in the Infantry.

One of my hobbies is military modelling and this has over the years developed me into an amateur historical researcher. While not involved in vehicle collecting / restorations, I've joined the HMVF as a potential source of information on WW II vehicles. In the same vein, I may be able to assist in providing overviews as to how given fleets were employed and offering recommendations on historical markings for Canadian equipment.

Robert

Edited by elgorah_r

Regards to all;

I'm a retired Canadian Army type, having served 35 years in the Infantry.

One of my hobbies is military modelling and this had over the years developed me into an amateur historical researcher. While not involved in vehicle collecting / restorations, I've joined the HMVF as a potential source of information on WW II vehicles. In the same vein, I may be able to assist in providing overviews as to how given fleets were employed and offering recommendations on historical markings for Canadian equipment.

Robert

Welcome to the Green Machine mate

Welcome to the forum Robert,

If you get the hankering for modern British Armour ourselves and the Cold War Collection have a few pieces that may serve as reference material.

Don't forget to come to the "Aquino" event at the end of May 2015 at the Ontario REgiment Museum when plenty of kit will be on display and moving around.

Regards

Robin

Welcome in. Your knowledge will be tapped unmercifully. Somthing coming up that does concern Canada! This New Year's Eve will be the 70th Anniversary of the arrival of the Red Cross chartered ship SS Vega at Jersey in the Channel Islands. Included in her cargo were 108,592 Canadian Red Cross parcels.

Edited by Tony B