Ferret Mk.1/2 outer hubs

WCMatt

Hello List!

I'm in the process of doing a complete tear down & rebuild of 00EA85's outer hubs. Anything I should look out for while doing this? Other than the rubber boots & oil seals(?) is there anything else that I should replace now that the hubs are off the vehicle and on the bench? .............Any advise would be much appreciated :cool2:...

Matt

Thanks, Guys! I've seen pics of a ferret wheel hub opened up and it looks pretty scary to me :embarrassed: :cool2: in there. I imagine that if the bears & gears are in good shape all that would need to be replaced are any seals and the rubber tracta boots(?).

Richard is the ferret EMER the user manual? I purchased reprints of several of the manuals but I'm not sure (but almost certain) that I do not have all of the manuals for the ferret.

Regards,

Matt

Thanks, Guys! I've seen pics of a ferret wheel hub opened up and it looks pretty scary to me :embarrassed: :cool2: in there. I imagine that if the bears & gears are in good shape all that would need to be replaced are any seals and the rubber tracta boots(?).

Richard is the ferret EMER the user manual? I purchased reprints of several of the manuals but I'm not sure (but almost certain) that I do not have all of the manuals for the ferret.

Regards,

Matt

Hi Matt,

No, the EMER is not the user handbook. EMER is a number of sections covering levels of repair, you are on a Field Repair operation, and this should cover the hubs, on page 24 http://www.dmkf.dk/Filer_manualer/Ferret%20-%20Field%20Repair.pdf This is the Australian version (EMEI) and they had some slight mods to the securing of the planet carrier, but rest is the same. If you can get a copy or download of the British EMER you will have all the info you need. User handbook is of little use on repair work, only covers servicing tasks that the driver and crew would do normally.