Ferret wheel rim lock nuts

WCMatt

Hello

Are the wheel rim locking nuts left and or right hand thread directional? Or are they all the same?

For example; the wheel lugs on my WC51 were left & right handed threads and the lug nuts themselves were marked "left" or "right".

Regards,

Matt

Hello

Are the wheel rim locking nuts left and or right hand thread directional? Or are they all the same?

For example; the wheel lugs on my WC51 were left & right handed threads and the lug nuts themselves were marked "left" or "right".

Regards,

Matt

As you are sitting in the drivers seat the left side front and rear tire nuts come off by turning clockwise...The right side front and rear nuts counter clockwise ....

As you are sitting in the drivers seat the left side front and rear tire nuts come off by turning clockwise...The right side front and rear nuts counter clockwise ....

Thank you Joe but are you refering to the lug nuts or the (bead)rim nuts? I know the lug nuts are left & right but what about the ones around the edge of the rim?

Regards,

Matt

** My original post may have been confusing because of the example I used-Sorry.

Edited by WCMatt

Thank you Joe but are you refering to the lug nuts or the (bead)rim nuts? I know the lug nuts are left & right but what about the ones around the edge of the rim?

Regards,

Matt

** My original post may have been confusing because of the example I used-Sorry.

OK sorry I was referring to lug nuts.......I let the pros at the truck tire shop do my rims when I bought new tires as it is extremely dangerous.....

The danger of the Ferret/Saracen type split rims is overstated. As long as the tube is fully deflated, they can be disassembled without any trouble and as long as the outer row of nuts are done up properly, there is little to no danger during reinflation, especially if the wheel is mounted on the vehicle at the time.

It's not like old school split rims with a locking ring, which can pop off unexpectedly during inflation... A little bit of healthy caution and you'll be fine.

Cheers,

Terry