Hgv licence needed?

Hi Mark, Unsure exactly but I believe your licence should cover you as long as the vehicle is not used for transportation of goods for hire or reward. I am no means certain, but you could look on the DVLA website for clarification. As usual there are regulations in place for type of use etc.

You will need CatC ti drive an RL

The vehicle is post 1960 and is over 7.5 tonnes

It willalso need testing and plating

Knew someone on here would know the proper answer, I didn't think the RL was actually 1970 but registered then. Didn't realise they actually still made them in the '70's I always assumed they were 1950's :red:

RL's have a long production span (from 1952 to 1969 I think)

Therefore some of the early ones were built prior to 1960

If this is the case then these can be driven unladen and towing an unladen trailer on a CATB licence (and will also be exempt test and plate)

If manufactured (note manufactured not registered) after 1960 then it will need a CATC licence (and will fall under testing and plating, even if going to be used unladen)

In both cases providing it is not used in a conjunction with a trade or business can fall into the Historic Vehicle category for excise licence

Daft I know but rules is rules

What body is on this truck?

Do you have a photo of it?

Is the chassis number from the chassis itself or the Ministry of Supply chassis plate? If so, is there a Vauxhall Motors chassis plate on the outside of the passenger seat base and what it the chassis number given as on that?