MV clubs and in question the MVT

paul connor

For the first time in around 10 years I have joined the MVT. I was a member back in 2000ish and was surprised there was no East Sussex group, nor were there many groups I could find in East Sussex at all.

Am I missed something as there must be more of a movement in East Sussex without having to travel to West Sussex or Kent?

I only moan a little as I drive an MV as my car and it's quite a trip for a club meet to get from Uckfield to Chichester for the MVT club meetings.

Hopefully I have missed a group or someone will be enlighten me to the fantastic hidden clubs in my area.

Many thanks

Paul

For the first time in around 10 years I have joined the MVT. I was a member back in 2000ish and was surprised there was no East Sussex group, nor were there many groups I could find in East Sussex at all.

Am I missed something as there must be more of a movement in East Sussex without having to travel to West Sussex or Kent?

I only moan a little as I drive an MV as my car and it's quite a trip for a club meet to get from Uckfield to Chichester for the MVT club meetings.

Hopefully I have missed a group or someone will be enlighten me to the fantastic hidden clubs in my area.

Many thanks

Paul

Hi Paul,

There is an area meeting of MVT about 28 miles from you at Rusper, It is the venue for the clubnight of East Surrey and West Kent Area. On the 2nd Weds of each month around 8pm at The Plough, in the High Street.

regards, Richard

Ultimately the average age of MV club members whether IMPS or MVT is creeping up, so that in many 'Areas' there are fewer and fewer members attending club meeting and in some Areas the number who attend is down to single figures each month. We need to attract new blood to the hobby, as there is no guarantee our children will share the same interest as us.

We here in The West Sussex Area would always welcome anyone to come along and join us...I think its around an hours drive to Arundel from Buxted(40 miles) which i appreciate may be a little far,but as previously mentioned - you are more than welcome to come along and join us !

- Also i know many members of the IMPS,they are all a great bunch and would also recomend them as a good club to join !

I have sent an Email to IMPS as well, as they seem to meet a few miles from here.

I would love to attend the Arundel meetings, but driving from here in an ol'110 does take longer and the navigation of Worthing is always choke-point and traffic nightmare.

I shall have to check Rusper on the map, as that may be more logical.

Cheers for the feedback guys. I haven't seen much "new blood" with vehicles for a while, although all the fellow Snatch Land Rover owners I know seem much younger, which is a good thing.

Wish I felt like young blood! I'm on the wrong side of 30 now!

Paul