Do any of you dread driving your MVs?

LarryH57

Question

on the plus side I have met lots of very nice and friendly AA relay truck drivers.I agree with the other comments there are lots of really nice friendly people in this hobby .

Simon

My 'Normal' car, a Ford Focus, failed a week ago in Kent and was brought home on an AA Relay truck. When we arrived home, I found the driver was a Military Vehicle enthusiast and we spent some time talking about W&PR and my Ford WOA2.

Don't know about "driving" the thing! Mk1 Militant is more like a fight to the death (LOL!!) and I love every minute of it. Whole point of owning the thing is to be able to cruise round at the sedate 30mph she likes to do.

As for breakdowns, they are part of the game, the old girl is nearly 60 years old. Any body see us in Hastings the other week on the Sprat and Winkle run. We were the ones blocking the traffic with some crap stuck in the fuel lift pump.

Took us about half an hour to clear it, by which time we were all over facebook with half the county commenting on it. That said, out of the blue a bloke stopped and offered to help us with the use of his local yard/workshop if we needed to keep it somewhere secure overnight.

Laughing about it now but, must admit, I wasn't laughing at the time, covered in diesel, engine not going etc etc.