Troops and trucks, Beauliea

• 2 weeks later...

is anybody showing there vehicles off for HMVF i dont mind bringing mine down for that but... i dont think my landrover 110 nad is going to get much of a lookin and me bike isnt ready... but i dont mind parking it next to somone else as a show of force so to speak....

Cris

i am happy to take loads of snaps.... but I'm not sure on my writing skills....

if there was a field promotion in it i would give it a go...

i will be down early on sunday and how will i recognize anyone or find anyone?

let us know if you want me to and i will take pen and paper....

Ta

Cris

I am hoping to get to Trucks and Troops with my WOA2 this weekend. Not sure which days, as I have some problems at home (family issues). Please say 'Hello' if you see me so I can get to know the faces of other HMVF people.

Robert Davey

I will be there with Gulf war 1 marked Lightweight (ignore the avatar, attacked it with a roller the other week) and Sankey, my mate has a British South African Police S2a - so we should be fairly easy to spot.

I have, as yet, not got any HMVF kit so if anyone would like to come and have a wet - you'll have to head for the good looking guy with the aforementioned vehicle :-D

i will be in a small british ridge tent near a half track, a 12 x 12, a reo & a jimmy, the reo is called snoopy so pop by & say hi.

on sunday night i will be dressed as a hippy in some pretty disgusting clothes doing some fairly oap dancing so please feel free to ignore me on this occasion.

berni

Yes Kewelde, Bob is the chap in question. We could start a new thread in the competition bit - name the MV owner!

Cris, I would hate to deny you the chance to try out your reporting skills, but will fight you for it Sunday if you like!

We are driving down tomorrow, will look out for you all.

My pass and stuff hasnt turned up for beaulieu so i am going to head down tomorrow and hope for the best...

IF ANY ONE KNOWS THIS CHAP ROSS FROM MVT PLEASE COULD YOU PUTTA GOOS WORD IN FOR ME.

Thanks

Cris Wiles

Been down there, today. :-D

Sunny and Warm;.............

Very happy,......saw one of my dream vehicles, Low profile Albion gun tractor. :-D :-D ..............NICE !!

Traders seemed a bit thin on the ground,......I felt,but I guess that was to be expected what with Overlord just up the road.

For a 'first show', there's certainly potential, room wise, for continued growth,....but maybe's not on same weekend............. :whistle:

Traders seemed a bit thin on the ground,......I felt,but I guess that was to be expected what with Overlord just up the road.

For a 'first show', there's certainly potential, room wise, for continued growth,....but maybe's not on same weekend............. :whistle:

Thanks for the feedback Andy.......what traders were there?

Um.........off the top of my head, Ryton Arms, Motion Pic props, Dallas Auto's,..........another couple of deac sellers, three 'homefront fashions', stalls and rest, I think,....around 12ish, were selling various mil surplus kit and books.

Bumped into Lightweight, Andy Kyte and WOT2, from here, (Hi guys).......saw Berni (asleep),.......was told Ashley had been seen,.......(wearing his fleece )

Apart from those, didn't see any other HMVF clothing being worn,...........the guys above say my polo and made themselves known;.......so the 'branded clothing', is proving to be a great idea. :-)

Were you at Overlord, then, Jack ??

Just got back this evening from Beaulieu. Went there on Saturday, with a friend, in his Diamond T wrecker. Met a lot of old friends. It was a very good show, lovely site with nice settings, lot of potential. Good to see the motor museum, had not been since about 1964. If the rain had not arrived this morning, we would probably have stuck it out, but it did put a damper on proceedings.

I did see WOA2, sorry Robert, we were driving into the arena at the time. ;-)Did not get to meet Lightweight, but did see your friend, Bob. Also recognised Ashley from photos on here, but I was on the phone at the time.

Looking forward to this show again next year, once word gets around it will hopefully grow. A varied number of stalls, with Carl from Litchfield, there with a good load of MT spares, Dallas Autos, clothes, uniforms, militaria, books, tools, etc.