Vehicle Record Book

Erolek

I have a question, that I believe - this might be the right place to find the answer since lot of you have been in the Service.

Was there an official 'record book' or a 'service book' attached to a vehicle in the 1980s? Would someone have a scan or a copy of such an item?

I would like to keep a mileage/service record on my Series 2A Ambulance, but if possible in the way that would be somehow similar to original.

Greetings

Eryk

I think 'work ticket' would be more like a once-off docket?

I'm more after a booklet type thing that would be attached to vehicle, where all trips and jobs would be recorded. I'm not even sure if such a thing exist.

It came to my mind yesterday when I was recording daily mileage on the Civil Defence ambulance, that it would be handy to have something like that in my Landy.

Greetings

Eryk

I'm not looking for vehicle history.

Just a blank 'vehicle record book' so I can log my own usage and repairs, but in a book that fits the vehicle rather than just a blank notepad.

I don't even know if such a book exists, but knowing MOD's deep love with various forms - there must be such a thing.

Greetings

Eryk

Eryk,

I think you need an AB (Army Book 562) a brown (buff) coloured book in A5 size. Inside are pages which tell you details such as chassis number and other details, services and inspections carried out, modifications. I seem to remember all vehicles of yours age had this. Though in later life they may have had a FMT 1004 document. This was in A4 size, but had the same information in it.

Dave

a workticket recorded every trip a veh did start with date time reason for trip area sign by nco and finnish time and date p.o.l was added on and at the end of the month milage and fuel added up for fuel average worktickets were saved and checked by snco a 562 doc was veh history service repair etc class 1class 2 and class 3 then sold could be ber or blr decided by reme

a workticket recorded every trip a veh did start with date time reason for trip area sign by nco and finnish time and date p.o.l was added on and at the end of the month milage and fuel added up for fuel average worktickets were saved and checked by snco a 562 doc was veh history service repair etc class 1class 2 and class 3 then sold could be ber or blr decided by reme

Thats what I was getting at!!

That is what I think the OP is after, I am sure there is a number for it but cant remember!!

I'm not looking for vehicle history.

Just a blank 'vehicle record book' so I can log my own usage and repairs, but in a book that fits the vehicle rather than just a blank notepad.

I don't even know if such a book exists, but knowing MOD's deep love with various forms - there must be such a thing.

Greetings

Eryk

I thought that the museum might know the "vehicle record book" that you are looking for. I had realised that you aren't looking for vehicle history.

I thought that the museum might know the "vehicle record book" that you are looking for. I had realised that you aren't looking for vehicle history.

Thanks for the hint. I contacted them - got a phone number to the archivist. Will try tomorrow if I get some spare moment at work.

Thank you all for the invaluable information.

Should anyone have the relevant paperwork and wouldn't mind to part with it - I'm more than happy to grab it.

Greetings

Eryk