1944 Water jerry Can

snort

Hi All, I have just bought a 1944 Jerry can with 'water' impressed in it for my Jeep, I have been after one for a while but they seem hard to find in good condition. My Jeep is in British markings and in Green BS.298 and I was wondering what would be the correct colour for it as I will have to paint it again as its been painted red in the past but retained its white cross and white under the handle.

Any suggestions ?

Many thanks Steve

For wartime it's probably SCC2. This thread might help - http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?39533-SCC2-(Brown)-paint

Thanks for that Lauren although that thread has muddled me up a bit!

I have got an original service Brown ammo box I can copy though, so I will go for that I think.

Its for 25 pounder shells so I think its right.

Gotta say, I got a bit worried when I saw a description of painting it in "number 2 brown". Not sure if it's a stores numbering, description of colour or a specification of what to use.

Number 2 Brown refers to SCC No.2 Brown, one of the range of Standard Camouflage Colours brought out during WW2. I have had this colour matched from a large part of a vehicle that was covered by a regulator panel inside, so not faded or disturbed.

Number 2 Brown refers to SCC No.2 Brown, one of the range of Standard Camouflage Colours brought out during WW2. I have had this colour matched from a large part of a vehicle that was covered by a regulator panel inside, so not faded or disturbed.

Number 2's ............mmmm...........I've had kids..........that must be brown then!:-D