COVER,BODY ARMOUR IMPROVED BALLISTIC PROTECTION ENSEMBLE.Desert DP.

Scotch Harry

Those little net pockets should have little gel bags in them. The gel was frozen and then the bags were slipped into the net compartments. You also got issued a collared T shirt with zip neck to go with it. I would say 99% of the gel packs were dumped because when they had thawed out, they would start to hear up and make things worse. I think I still have the shirt somewhere.

Those little net pockets should have little gel bags in them. The gel was frozen and then the bags were slipped into the net compartments. You also got issued a collared T shirt with zip neck to go with it. I would say 99% of the gel packs were dumped because when they had thawed out, they would start to hear up and make things worse. I think I still have the shirt somewhere.

Th

Thanks for the info. As my interest in collection pretty much ends at 1991 I wasnt exactly sure what this vest was and in the past have only ever seen the covers sold,when I saw this complete I couldnt resist. Somebody has mentioned Kestrel? or something but all I have seen doing a quick Google search have a suede patch to one of the shoulders??