321 EOD Felix Vehile marking

Cold_War_Collection

Question

Hi everybody,

As we bring the restoration of our Saracen to a close, we are doing up the final markings. We have decided to honour one of the most decorated units in the British Army, the 321st EOD. We have the bulk of the markings set up, but we need a high resoloution picture of the the "Felix" rectangular insignia to apply to the hull.

If anyone has a scanned picture or high res. example, would it be possible to get a copy sent along to us?

Many thanks

Nick

CWC Canada

7 answers to this question

Nick,

That is a grand original to work from, the vehicle sticker as shown on the web link, I think that is the one most people remember from that time period.

Have you made contact with past serving members of the unit? Judging by the results of others, facebook might lead you to some original photos that you wont find elsewhere.

R

Nick,

That is a grand original to work from, the vehicle sticker as shown on the web link, I think that is the one most people remember from that time period.

Have you made contact with past serving members of the unit? Judging by the results of others, facebook might lead you to some original photos that you wont find elsewhere.

R

Hi Robin,

we hope to, and are looking at options for the "roll out" later this summer. The graphics are good, but when we expand that image up to the size we need, it becomes too "Pixelated", we need at a minimum 300 dpi to have out transfer decal folks make a copy, and this is only at 200 dpi, so the search will have to continue to find an image to work from. I might send the image to a computer fellow to see if he can play with it a bit.

cheers

Nick

Your welcome mate. For the record though, I merely took the earlier-posted version and re-sized & re-coloured it in Adobe Photoshop Elements. Glad it worked out well enough for you to use though! Don't forget to post some nice pics when you've got her all gussied-up!